Pictures show teen’s car destroyed in Germantown crash | News
The Germantown Fire Department has released new photos of an early morning crash that sent a 17-year-old to the hospital Thursday.
Investigators say the teen’s car was traveling at "an extreme rate of speed" when his 2003 Honda Accord smashed into a tree in the median and split into two pieces.
Police say the teenager behind the wheel wasn’t wearing his seat belt when he crashed at Farmington Rd. near Allen Court around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
He was taken to the Med in critical condition, but has since been upgraded to serious.
The crash is still being investigated and officials haven’t released the driver’s name.
Meanwhile, Germantown police arrested a group of teenagers for underage drinking in the 1700 block of Masters Drive on Thursday morning. Masters Drive runs through the Hobbits Glen complex, but police aren't saying whether the arrests were made at one of the homes inside the complex or on the grounds of the Germantown Country Club Golf Course.
Neighbors on the block said Friday they never heard a party or police activity outside.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp