Store manager accused of attacking extreme couponer to face judge |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The store manager accused of attacking an extreme couponer after refusing to honor her coupons will appear in court Wednesday.
Shauna Shipman managed a Dollar Tree store in Germantown until the entire thing was caught on a cell phone camera.
Missy Monzo-Marte says she and another member of a coupon club, Jennifer Hill, were trying to check out with a stack of coupons at the store when they say Shipman became irritated and told them their coupons would not be accepted.
When the two shoppers tried leaving the store, things escalated. Hill took out her cell phone and started recording. She captured the Dollar Tree manager grabbing Monzo-Marte by her hair.
In November, the victim told Action News 5 what happened.
"That's when I felt the fists on the back of my head," Monzo-Marte said. "She grabbed my hair and that's when I spun around to try and get her off me and that's when she hit me in the eye and my lip."
Shipman no longer works at the Dollar Tree. A few days after the incident, she told Action News 5 that she had never been in trouble like this before.
A Dollar Tree spokesperson said they take these types of situations seriously and they are investigating the incident. Read the original story here.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town Administrator presents budget for C-Ville
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co.
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action