PACE to host Safety Day for Kids | Community Spirit
Memphis City School's Division of Parent and Community Engagement (PACE) is sponsoring a Safety Day for Kids.
This is an opportunity to teach children about fire safety and prevention, emergency preparedness during a storm or earthquake and stranger danger. Local firefighters, police officers, paramedics and McGruff the Crime Dog will be on hand to teach families techniques to avoid stranger danger and demonstrate life-saving methods to keep children safe. Parents will also receive fingerprinting kits and I.D. badges for children in case of an emergency.
What: Safety Day for Kids
When: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Children’s Museum of Memphis, 2525 Central Avenue
For more information or to RSVP, call (901) 416-7264.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town Administrator presents budget for C-Ville
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co.
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action