Section of greenway will close for maintenance | Environment
(WMC-TV) – A portion of the Germantown greenway will be closed temporarily as work is done to stabilize the banks of the river where erosion is causing concern.
The south bank of the Wolf River is the area the city is concerned about. Large equipment will be moved into the area in order to fix the river break and prevent future erosion.
Fences will be put up to alert people using the greenway that the section from the main trail head to the west trail head will be closed.
The path will reopen Wednesday September 12.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp