Infant mortality declines in Shelby County | News
For the first time ever, there is a decline in infant mortality in Shelby County
The Health Department announced the rate in 2011 was below 10 deaths for every 1000 live births.
Infant deaths among African Americans showed the largest decline.
The department said the decline is a promising sign of overall health improvement in Shelby County.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co., more showers possible
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action