Garbage trucks back on the streets Wednesday | News
As of Wednesday morning, Allied Waste workers are still on strike and trash is piling up around several Mid-South homes.
Republic Services expects a full number of trucks to be back on the streets Wednesday afternoon and hope to catch up soon.
One customer affected said it doesn't take much for the stink to spread.
"Everyday. Everyday we create a little bit more and so it doesn't take long for it to back up,"
Republic Services suggests customers put out the trash on the normal day and leave it on the curb until gone.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp