Race for the Cure road closures for Saturday | Transportation
Several Germantown roads will be closed Saturday, Oct. 27, for Race for the Cure.
Germantown Police will control the closure points and provide traffic control. Participants are also asked to use caution and allow extra time to reach the event as there is road construction underway in the area. In the event of inclement weather, please call 751-KNOW (5669) for details on event status.
Event Road Closures
• Southbound lanes of Germantown Road at Neshoba Road will detour to westbound Neshoba. No left
turns will be allowed onto Neshoba.
• West Farmington Boulevard from Germantown Road to Poplar Avenue
• Akerswood at Germantown Road
• Exeter Road between Neshoba Road and Farmington Boulevard
• All lanes of Germantown Road North of Poplar Avenue
• Neshoba Road at Brierbrook Road
• Brierbrook Road at Farmington Boulevard
• West bound lanes of Farmington Road at Kimbrough Road
• Brierbrook Road between Woodgate Drive and Neshoba Road
Most roads will reopen by 10 a.m. Germantown Road between Neshoba Road and Poplar Avenue will remain closed until 11:30 a.m. West Farmington Boulevard between Germantown Road and Poplar Avenue will remain closed until noon.
Shuttle service will run to the race site from AgriCenter International, Shops of Forest Hill and Carrefour Mall beginning at 5:30 a.m. Shuttles are available to registered participants on a first come first served basis. The last shuttle will depart for the race at 7:15 a.m. The last shuttle will leave the race to return to the parking lots at 11 a.m.
Those scheduled to take the ACT at Germantown High on Oct. 27 should allow extra time to reach the school and follow these directions for alternate routes.