Construction in Germantown continues causing headaches, significant delays | Transportation
Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) is milling and paving along Poplar Avenue this week and it has been causing major traffic delays.
Motorists can expect delays, lane closures, restricted turns and detours. These paving operations mark the final phases of the TDOT Poplar widening project. All lanes of Poplar Avenue, from Miller Farms to Dogwood Road, are expected to be open by Thanksgiving.
This paving project is a part of the TDOT project to widen Poplar Avenue between Miller Farms Road and Dogwood Road. The $4.9 million project is managed and fully funded by TDOT. The original estimated completion date was June 2012.
Top Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp